Anna started T-ball yesterday. I wasn't sure how it would go because she's never really showed any interest in sports. Luckily, her best friend is on her team (which helped to convince her to play) and the coach's son is a student in her Pre-K class, so they already knew each other and will go to Kindergarten together in the fall! She and Marc went to the sporting goods store to get her a bat and helmet a couple weeks ago and she picked out the brightest pink bat I've ever seen. She's a little bummed that the pink helmet didn't fit, but we may put a princess sticker on her blue helmet to make it a little more girly :)
When she got to her first practice, she was nothing but smiles! She listened to her coach, ran the bases well, fielded the ball well, and even hit the ball several times. She got a little competitive towards the end of practice and wanted to get EVERY ball that was hit into the field. It made her upset when other kids would get to the ball first... even if it was hit on the totally opposite side of the field from where she was standing... Oh well. Good to know that she's enjoying playing and wants to participate. I can now stop thinking that she'll be the girl in right field picking flowers and chasing butterflies. She definitely proved me wrong and I love that!!
Anna, we're so proud of you and hope you have so much fun in your first T-ball season!! We love you, little slugger :)
 |
| Showing off her pink glove that I got at a baby shower for her when I was still pregnant with her! |
 |
| Oh, yeah... Joseph had to come with me and he wanted to do everything Anna was doing |
 |
| Listening to her coach |
 |
Flirting Talking to her friend, Ashton |
 |
| Running the bases |
 |
| Practicing grounders |
 |
| She's a natural! |
 |
| Look at that sass in the field! I don't know if she's pointing out a butterfly or showing her friend where to stand :) |
 |
| Ready to bat! |
 |
| Ok, need to work on the stance a bit... |
 |
| ...and also work on keeping her eyes open :) |
 |
| Running the bases again |
 |
| Ready to get the ball! |
 |
| Playing in the field with her bestie! |
0 comments:
Post a Comment