This year Marc and I hosted our own Thanksgiving. I was a nervous wreck because I'd never had to do such a thing. My parents went to North Carolina to spend Thanksgiving with my brother and his family so I offered to host my sister and Marc's parents. Luckily, they all pitched in with a side dish and drinks.
We started by baking pies. Anna wanted to help me, so I put her in charge of the pumpkin pie. She LOVED cutting out little pieces of dough to decorate the crust. It turned out so cute. Then I put Marc in charge of making little turkeys out of Oreos and other goodies with the kids so I could focus on the rest of dinner. The kids lasted a few minutes (or until their tummies couldn't fit any more candy). Regardless, it kept them from hanging on my while I was slicing and dicing away!
I spent a couple weeks searching for recipes for Thanksgiving dinner using Pinterest... if you haven't joined, you must! Thanks to Paula Deen, I found a stuffed turkey breast recipe where you make homemade stuffing and stuff the turkey breast with it (sounds easy, right?) Well, it was easy! Pheww! Thanks to Williams-Sonoma, I got a cranberry sauce recipe that made my house smell heavenly. It tasted pretty darn good too. My mashed potatoes were easy - potatoes, butter, and sour cream all mashed together. Everything else was basic - meaning I got the others to bring the rest of the food :) It was delicious! We ate, watched football, and all took a cat nap somewhere in there as well.
We headed down to Marc's parents' hill country home on Friday where we just relaxed and did a little Christmas decorating. The next morning we headed to Marc's grandpa's house for the Spitzenberger Thanksgiving. There were several little kids for Anna and Joseph to play with so a good time was had by all! We hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving!!
| Anna helping me make a pumpkin pie |
| She did all the decorations on the pie |
| A job well done! (just needs to bake) |
| The project I put Marc in charge of while I was cooking |
| Not sure the the kids actually helped... I think they just ate candy |
| The table ready to go! |
| Completed centerpiece - Thanks, Marc! |
| Of course there was football watching too. Go Packers! |
| Papa and Joseph |
| Anna and "Baby Jesus" |
| The stuffed turkey breast. My first attempt at cooking Thanksgiving dinner was a success! |
| Gathered to eat |
| The whole gang |
| Watching a movie on my phone at Great Grandpa's house |
| Poor cousin John was the bottom of a 5 and and under pig pile pretty much all day |
| The great-grandkids |
| The turkey may have worn them out |
| More piling on John! What a trooper! |
0 comments:
Post a Comment