Sunday, December 18, 2011

Giddings Christmas

We traveled to Giddings, TX for the day to celebrate Christmas with the Spitzenberger family. It's normally a 4 hour drive and we had planned to drive down and back all in the same day. Rough, I know! However, I was feeling really anxious to get there (probably because Joseph was in a mood... ugh!) so I got us there a little too fast faster than normal. That's not what this post is about, so I'll get to the good stuff. Once we got to Great GrandPaul's house, the kids started running around like they owned the place. It helped that a lot of the other great grand-kids were there. We ate a delicious meal and then did our family gift exchange. It's a fast-paced dice game where you're constantly switching gifts with others at the table and when time runs out, the gift you're left with is what you get to take home. It was exhausting, but fun! The kids all got gifts too, but they didn't have to do the crazy exchange :)

Running with a stick... such a boy thing to do

Throwing leaves on cousin Skylar

More leaves

Skylar and Joseph

Trying to play basketball

It's in his blood, so we need to teach him early

Looking for more leaves to throw

About to slam dunk over daddy

Playing before eating lunch

Waiting patiently

The great-grand kids waiting to open their presents

Anna with her new sticker book

Joseph with his new tow truck puzzle

Christmas tree made out of the the hands of the Spitzenbergers!

After all the food and gifts, they played outside and just enjoyed having all the other kids to play with. It was a bit sad because this may be the last Spitzenberger Christmas at GrandPaul's house. He has moved into an assisted living home and is selling his house. It's a sweet little house that Marc's dad grew up in. I've spent many holiday gatherings there since 1996 and I will miss it which means his family will miss it so much more. We love that we are able to go to Giddings to see GrandPaul and the rest of the Spitzenberger family.

0 comments: