As a treat to the kids on their last weekend before school started, Marc planned a family "stay"cation to Great Wolf Lodge in Grapevine. It's a large resort place with an indoor water park. I highly recommend it for people in the area to just spend a night or two away from home, but not have to travel. The kids loved it. They think hotels are just the coolest things ever... apparently we need to get out more often. Anyway, Marc took Friday off and we headed out there after lunch. We started by checking in and then heading straight to the water park. The kids were pretty timid at first, but they warmed up quickly to the kids area. We forced them each to go down the little slide into the kiddie pool. That was the only time they got near the slides. Sadly, that meant Marc and I couldn't take them with us on the bigger, faster slides. Oh well. We will go again when the kids are bigger and Marc and I will get to do the big kid rides.
Monday, August 29, 2011
Great Wolf Lodge
Anna loved the wave pool and they both loved the lazy river. It was a little slow for my liking, but it sure beat staying home for the weekend. I'll take lazy river and change of scenery any day. I didn't get many pictures of the action because I was involved in most of it, but I did what I could to capture the fun.
After the first swim of the afternoon, we took the kids up to the room to rest for a bit before dinner. Anna was comfy on a big bed with snacks and a movie on the iPad. Joseph spent his rest time running around with a cereal box on his head. Crazy kid. We ate dinner at the hotel and then headed back to the water park for some more wave pool and lazy river adventures. :)
On the way back to the room, we stopped for some ice cream as a sweet way to end the day. The next morning, we went straight back to the water park to spend as much time there as we could before check-out. Since neither of the kids napped on Friday and they didn't go to bed until really late, we decided we should head home at lunch time so they could have real naps in their own beds. Turned out to be a good decision because we had a couple of cranky kids by noon on Saturday. They really did enjoy the mini getaway and we'll definitely take them back again soon. Or maybe Marc and I should leave them with a sitter so he and I can do the big slides?? :) They'll grow into them eventually. Until then, we'll have fun watching them be little kids.
Posted by Marc and Julie at 10:22 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment