Monday, June 13, 2011

Princess Birthday Party

On Saturday, Anna had her 4th Birthday Party at the house this year. She wanted a princess castle bounce house in the backyard and Rapunzel decorations from the movie "Tangled." The bounce house showed up around 8:30 and the party didn't start until 10, so the kids had free reign of the bounce house for quite some time! I woke Anna up to tell her the bounce house was here and that daddy bought her a sprinkle donut for breakfast. I think she was still half asleep when she came out to see the bounce house :)





Anna was really excited to have a Rapunzel birthday, but I wasn't too excited that there are VERY few Rapunzel decorations. I couldn't find a Rapunzel balloon anywhere, so we had to settle for one with Cinderella, Belle, and Ariel. I don't think Anna was disappointed by that... it may have been just me.


I had a craft available inside for the kids to do because it did get pretty hot outside in the bounce house. They made little door hangers with castle, want, and tiara stickers. There were planes, trains, and trucks too in case the boys didn't want princess stuff. My kids decided craft time was funny face time!



I think all the kids had fun in the bounce house despite the heat outside. I think it was just the adults complaining about the heat... myself included. Haha!


Anna was very excited about her purple Rapunzel cake! Her friends wanted to help her blow out the candles, but they showed great restraint and let Anna do it herself in about 5 attempts. She now plays with the little figurine that was on top of her cake. She had a blast opening presents. She got so many fun new things too. We had a great time partying with Anna and all of her friends!!




Sunday, June 12 was Anna's actual birthday. It was a busy day already with church in the morning, so I'm glad we did the majority of our celebrations the day before. After church, we went to Grandmommy and Grandpa's house to have lunch with them and Auntie Beth (who had to work during the party, but wanted to see the birthday girl). We had another birthday cake. This time, it was a donut cake with pink frosting and sprinkles! So cute! And Anna got spoiled with even more presents.



Happy 4th Birthday, Anna!

0 comments: