Thursday, July 22, 2010

4th of July

Happy 4th of July (a little late)! We spent the first part of the weekend at the Spitzenberger's ranch house in Clifton, TX where the kids played on the swing and ran around outside in the brief moments that it didn't rain. Luckily, we had plenty of toys in the house for them to play with. It was great spending time with Marc's Aunt Sarah and cousin Kendall who were visiting from California. Auntie Amy came to town as well to get some quality neice and nephew time.

On the 4th, we ate pizza, did some swimming, and watched fireworks. They didn't start until 9:30 and the whole ride there, Anna was saying repeatedly, "I want to go home! I want to go home." We made her watch them anyway and when it was time to go home, she cried repeatedly, "I don't want to go home! I don't want to go home!" Oh, the life of a 3 year old!

On the 5th, we celebrated the 4th the All-American way by grilling out in the backyard and wearing our Old Navy t-shirts with pride. Our friends David and Melanie and their son Caden came over to join in the fun. The kids enjoyed playing together and eating as many cookies as we'd let them eat. The dogs even tried to get in on the cookie fun. It was a great weekend for all!


0 comments: